[Page currently under construction.]
My eventual aim for this part of the site is to build up a reading list for topics studied by contemporary phenomenologists. Some of these will also be relevant to the lists on classical phenomenologists. But for the time being, my plan is to keep these separate. We’ll see how that pans out…
Phenomenology of Racism
- Alcoff, Linda. Toward a phenomenology of racial embodiment.
- Gordon, Lewis. 1995. Bad Faith and Antiblack Racism. Humanity Books.
- Gordon, Lewis. 1997. Her Majesty’s Other Children: Sketches of Racism from a Neocolonial Age Rowman & Littlefield.
- van Leeuwen, Bart. 2008. Racist variations of bad faith: a critical study of Lewis Gordon’s phenomenology of racism. Social Theory and Practice 34 (1): 49-69.
- Yancy, George. 2005. Whiteness and the return of the black body. Journal of Speculative Philosophy 19 (4): 215-241.
- Dahlberg, K. 2007